Why Faith & Finances?
Low-income people in the U.S. face a maze of financial challenges.
You can help them navigate it.
Form a Faith & Finances class in your community, uniting people from varied financial backgrounds and exploring together money management skills and biblical stewardship principles. Designed specifically for low-income adults, Faith & Finances addresses the challenges the materially poor face and helps them rediscover their God-given dignity.
The $450 Faith & Finances facilitator training equips you to:
- Move your church or ministry from giving things to the poor to building relationships with the poor, leading to long-term change in their lives—and in yours
- Apply the poverty alleviation principles described in When Helping Hurts to your context
- Create a concrete financial education ministry plan tailored to your community
- Train low-income people in concrete money management skills, such as budgeting, managing debt, and setting savings goals
- Mobilize church members to serve as allies alongside participants, engaging your broader ministry circles in the work of poverty alleviation
Learn more about a special Faith & Finances scholarship opportunity for churches in select US cities.