Directions to the Chalmers Center at Covenant College
The Chalmers Center
507 McFarland Road, Suite B
Lookout Mountain, GA, 30750, USA
To Chattanooga on I-24
- From Atlanta, take I-75N; from the Chattanooga airport or from Knoxville, TN, take I-75S. Take I-75 to the merge with I-24W.
- From the I-75 and I-24W merge, take I-24W through Chattanooga for 5-7 miles or so, passing two Rossville Blvd. exits.
- After the second Rossville exit, move to the right lane, following signs for “US Hwy 27/58, Market Street, Lookout Mountain.” (As you move to the right lane, you will actually split off from I-24W.)
- Shortly afterward, take the Exit 178, the exit for Hwy 41/58, Market Street, and Lookout Mountain.
- The exit will fork. Take the left fork, following the signs for Lookout Mountain.
- At end of the ramp, pass the first cross-street (there isn’t a stop sign).
- Go 50 yards or so to the next intersection and take a left. Pass under I-24.
- From Nashville, TN, take I-24E to Chattanooga.
- Take the Exit 178, the exit for Hwy 41/58, Market Street, and Lookout Mountain.
From I-24 to the Base of Lookout Mountain
- From the I-24 overpass (if you came west on I-24) or the I-24 exit ramp (if you came east on I-24). Continue for about 50 yards, then take the first right.
- Go one block to Broad Street. Turn left onto Broad Street. Broad street will take you about a mile through a small industrial/business section of town.
- When you see WDEF on your left, prepare to move into the left turning lane. At the light with Pizza Hut on your right, turn left on to Tennessee Avenue.
- Stay on this road for .5 mi., passing under a stone train overpass and, further on, pass Mr. T’s Pizza on the left. Follow the signs for the “Rock City” tourist attraction. (We are the top of Lookout Mountain beyond Rock City.)
From the Base of Lookout Mountain to the Chalmers Center Office
- At the light past Mr. T’s, veer right on to Oches Highway and start up Lookout Mountain. (Continue to follow the signs for Rock City.) The road climbs steeply up the mountain. Follow this road all the way up the mountain, taking no turnoffs (don’t worry about the road changing names). Also, you will be traveling from Tennessee into Georgia.
- Near the top of the mountain (2-3 miles up) is a sign that says to turn left for Rock City. Don’t turn left, but instead continue straight ahead (for another .4 mile). You will go through a residential section. The road at this point is called Red Riding Hood Trail. After your first stop sign, you will shortly come to a “T” intersection with a church directly ahead of you.
- Turn right onto Lula Lake Road. Then, take an immediate left turn (note, immediate) onto McFarland Road (between the church and the Shell gas station).
- Take McFarland Road until you see Carter Field (soccer field). Take a left into the parking lot at the building by the field.
If you have any questions, call us at 1-706-956-4119.
You might also find the Reverse Directions helpful.